Our Team Vacancies
Please use this application form when applying for any of the roles below.
We currently have the following vacancies.
Housekeeper / Kitchen assistant
Little Tigers Day Nursery is attached to Ravensthorpe Primary School in Peterborough. We are looking to recruit an in-house Housekeeper/Cleaner assistant to our team.Salary £8 to £8.65 per hour
Main Purpose of the role:
- Keeping designated areas of the Nursery, including all toilets, clean and tidy.
- This includes washing, dusting, polishing, vacuum cleaning and sweeping as appropriate.
- Kitchen duties – serving, preparing light meals, cleaning, stock intake, and other duties
- To ensure the highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness throughout the nursery in accordance with Environmental Health procedures
- To be able to work efficiently and thoroughly.
- Maintaining the highest standards of Health and Safety apply to children, colleagues, parents and visitors, maintaining a safe and secure environment
- Wear protective clothing in accordance with COSHH and Health and Hygiene regulations and Infection Control guidelines
- Adhere to the Little Tigers Day Nursery Health & Safety Policy Statements with regard to the health, safety and welfare of self and others whilst at work
- Ensuring that all cleaning equipment/materials are maintained in a safe, clean and efficient working condition out of access by children at all times.
- Ensuring that the Manager is aware of the need for replacement or repair of materials and equipment for the satisfactory performance of the duties
- To keep stock of cleaning products.
- To ensure that All areas are kept and left clean and tidy and cleaning rotas are up to date
- To clean where appointed, surfaces of the day nursery including carpets, wet floor, paintwork, tiles, walls, windows and window ceils etc and to report any maintenance issues that prevent safe and efficient cleaning of these areas
- To remove all waste products and place in approved outside bins ready for collection supporting the nursery in its aim to recycle.
- To carry out cleaning and housekeeping tasks as per rota and as necessary
- Responsible for the laundry cleaning
- To ensure that total confidentiality is maintained at all times concerning information given to you by ourselves, or by the children or their parents.
- The successful candidate will have:
- Previous housekeeping/cleaning experience essential
- You must have a keen eye with attention to detail
- You must be able to work as part of a team
- This position is subject to an enhanced DBS check and clear criminal record.
- The position will initially be based on 31.25 hours per week Monday to Friday working 11.30pm to 6.15pm. 28 days annual leave including bank holidays and uniform provided.
To apply for the position we require all applicants to complete our application form that can be requested in your application or the link above
We wish to appoint an enthusiastic, dynamic and self-motivated person to join a highly dedicated team to deliver quality inclusive practice in a childcare setting. We are a busy and friendly nursery and out of school setting which cares for over 160 children from all backgrounds and from various parts of Peterborough and the surrounding counties. We hold each child and their family at the heart of our practice and service and our team of highly qualified and dedicated practitioners work together to provide a home from home setting for every child.
Your main duties will include:
- To work within our team supporting children to progress and develop their skills in the various areas of the EYFS.
- To work within the rooms to support children of various ages and abilities including support to the team with children who speak English as an additional language as well as children with additional education or care needs.
- To provide a high quality, child-centred service to meet the needs of children, young people and their families, in line with the EYFS and Play Principles.
- To play an integral part in Safeguarding within the nursery.
- To maintain a safe, stimulating and enjoyable environment.
- To provide support to your Room Manager as well and partner key person who works Monday – Wednesday in carrying out parents evenings, parent ‘stay and play’ sessions and day to day fun stimulating learning experiences.
- To support each child individually using starting points, next steps and the planning and assessment cycle.
You will have:
- A relevant qualification Level 3 or above
- A genuine interest in improving the outcomes of children from disadvantaged backgrounds as well as treating every child as an individual in every way.
- An ability to communicate well and participate well within a team along with a good understanding of the EYFS.
Commitment to young children and families
We are looking to recruit excellent calibre practitioners who are reliable and motivated to help us ensure that we always offer the highest standard of childcare. The position will be at our expanding nursery in Ravensthorpe which provides care for children aged 2 weeks to 11 years. We are looking for practitioners who are qualified in childcare to a minimum of level 2 and who can offer cover for staff annual leave, emergency cover and cover for peak times. We offer an excellent employment package which includes holiday allowance, uniform, training and development and the opportunity to develop their potential in a nursery with an ethos of equal opportunities and children’s rights.
For an application form please contact Claire Lynch or Kerry Crowther on 01733 330630 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Nursery Apprentice – Applications will be taken from March 2019 to Start in August/Sept 2019
We require a keen individual who wants to start a career in childcare and work towards a recognised level 2 qualification whilst gaining on the work-based training. The role is 36 hours per week with a salary of £140.40 per week. The successful applicant will ideally have a passion for working with children, have motivation, enthusiasm and be able to use their own initiative to achieve high standards of practice. The apprenticeship is for 13 months and requires you to work all year round with 28 days annual leave including bank holidays. Working hours are between our opening hours of 7.45am to 6.15pm. Apprentices work different shifts to experience the full running of the setting. We provide uniform and in house training including safeguarding, first aid, prevent, health and safety and EYFS.
If you feel you may be suitable for this role which will start as soon as possible please call Claire on 01733 330630 or email email@example.com for an application form and pack. Application forms can be downloaded from the link at the top of the page.
We are always looking for experienced and dedicated practitioners.
If you feel you are the right person for a position here at Little Tigers Day Nursery please apply by emailing your CV to Claire Follows at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on 01733 330630.
No Agencies, please.
The information above is exclusive to Little Tigers Day Nursery and is accurate to date. Little Tigers Day Nursery is not responsible for adverts published by other websites or agencies.